Week 4 Post One

For this weeks blogs I decided to review the following sites
•PennyJuice
•Riverside Art Center
•Toyota
•Apple
 The first website I decided to critique is www.pennyjuice.com
An issue with the website would first off be the color scheme for the template.  It’s too loud and the print on the bottom portion is too hard to read.  Also links to their social media are easy to miss, the average person doesn’t want to spend their time scrolling their life away looking for something they should consider posting it in a eyepoints of view. Lastly the advertisement statistics photos on the bottom portion of the page or too small to observe and they do not give you an alternative option to click on the photo to enlarge it which can also be an issue.
 The other website I  decided to review as a negative is www.riversideartcenter.org
 On the homepage there is a moving panel of photos, I’m assuming for decorations which could throw a distraction for consumers.
 It moves too quickly and by the time you bring the cursor to go through the photos it won’t let you get a chance to.  In my opinion it’s irrelevant because it has nothing to do with the content that they’re trying to portray to their consumers.  Secondly it kind of disguises the menu control button that you need to click on in order to navigate throughout the website which will definitely frustrate  people because they don’t know how to get around the site if they can’t find the menu navigation button which is key. Thirdly the color option for this site are a bit bright and hard to make out due to the chosen colors scheme , I found myself having to go back a few times to re-read some information, about the upcoming news of this company.  In which I find that to be a problem as well due to news alert should be easy to access on this website I believe the template definitely needs a makeover the bright colors need to be toned down. Information needs to be categorized from the most important to least. Furthermore something that can help this site improve is the branding should be more visible I hardly saw the companies brand on this site.
 The two sites I believe that we’re done correctly worry Apple and Toyota.  First off Toyota has an easy navigation around the company site. It is simple which makes it suitable for customers from different age groups to access information links products throughout their site.  Toyota also has a good size print throughout their website not too small for consumers who may have vision problems, it also has earth  tone plain colors which is fairly easy to read for anybody. Lastly Toyota is brand is visible in something easy to remember.
 Apple also has a great website platform. Apple site is simple and straight to the point. You can access company information and news updates fairly easy. Each product is listed in an organized manner with a deep description of each product. The graphics in this site are also cooler tones with no dramatization which makes it easy to see and easy to read without distracting bright colors.
 The branding for this site is very chic and laid-back nothing too wild or crazy. Another thing I noticed their customer service is easy to access if you have issues with the site or any product information you may need which I don’t see too often on some websites.



Comments

  1. We choose almost the same websites to visit except I didn’t visit the Toyota site. I completely agree with you about the Penny Juice website, I think the colors aren’t correctly used in the site and the navigation is somewhat difficult. I also agree with you that the Apple website is set up very well and a great example of how to properly setup and utilize a website. As far as the Riverside Art Center website, I agree that the colors are weird but I did notice they used the orange from their logo and then I assume choose the green to try to compliment it but they aren’t the colors I would choose. However, I feel the navigation of the site is used well and properly set up. Many art sites follow this kind of template and I feel it’s a good way to display works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Penny Juice website's colors scheme was of-putting to me as well. Like, I understand that this is a service the will ultimately be used for kids, but kids aren't the ones browsing the net for juice. It definitely needed to be toned down. I know not everyone can have a website as chic and clean as Apple, but Apple really shows a good example of what to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 5 POST 1

WEEK 1A : MY TEMPLATE